MORRIS AUTOMATED INFORMATION NETWORK is a New Jersey consortium of 36 municipal public libraries and the Morris County Library, offering an online catalog of over 2 million library items. You can search the card catalog for books, audiobooks, videos, dvds, cd-roms, and music recordings. Below are instructions for doing a basic search of the card catalog. If no instructions are needed, click here to go directly to the card catalog and start your search.
1. Keyword search for: Type in your search term(s) here. You can add a wildcard * at the end of your term to expand your search.
example: home* will bring back results for home or homerun or Homer, etc.
2. Search By: Use this to search certain record fields.
example: Any Field, Title, Author, Subject, Publisher, Genre, Series, ISBN
3. Limit By: This limits the type of material you are looking for.
example: Book, DVD, VHS, sound recording, music cd....etc.
4. Sort By: Lets you sort your search results by specific catergory.
example: a search by subject, sorted by Author, then Publication Datewill have titles about that subject sorted first by author, then by publication date within the group of each author’s titles.
5. Display: The number of records shown on each results page.
6. Add More Limits: Here you can select a specific MAIN Library to limit your search to.
All set? CARD CATALOG