NOTARY SERVICE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM
APRIL 20 to MAY 1
Mt. Olive Public Library offers free Notary services.
Mon: 1-7:45, Tues-Wed: 9:30-3:45, Thur-Fri: 9:30-4:45, Sat: Please call
PLEASE CALL 973-691-8686 ext.112
the day you wish to come in to check for availability.
Library Notaries witness a patron signing a document or signing a sworn statement on a document.
The Library Notary documents that:
- The signer of the document appeared before the Notary.
- The Notary positively identified the signer; and
- The signer both acknowledged the signature as hers or his, and that the signature was made willingly.
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of Notary Service:
- The person who will sign the document must be sure that the document is completely filled out, leaving no blanks other than where the customer will sign the document, before appearing before the Library Notary. Library Notaries may not notarize any document with blank spaces.
- The Notary DOES NOT notarize photocopies of original documents.
- Notary service is on a first come first serve basis.
- Government issue photo identification is required of any patron seeking Notary service.
The Library WILL NOT PROVIDE WITNESSES,
and witnesses may not be solicited from other patrons of the Library.
In order to serve as a witness, the witness must be personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized.
New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the patron seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary service customer.
In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the patron, document or circumstances of the request for Notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary service.